shoutout to people working weekends and overnights and overtime, people working in hospitality and retail and food service, who are sacrificing time with their loved ones, so fuckers with weekday desk jobs get to live comfortably with the amenities we provide while simultaneously shitting all over us for not getting “real jobs”
This literally does not happen
You literally have no concept of the grown-up world.
- At least 5 Ferguson officers apart from Darren Wilson have been named in lawsuits
- Ferguson police accused of assaulting children
- Shaun King has 15 questions for Darren Wilson (storify)
- Ferguson protesters brace for no indictment
- Is it legal for the police to shoot an unarmed, surrendered citizen?
- Black teens are 21 times more likely to be shot by cops than white teens
- The Big List of Ferguson Live Streams
— Mumia Abu-Jamal said in telephone call recorded from prison. A new law in Pennsylvania could silence him, and other prisoners across the state. On Democracy Now!, we air his reaction and speak with Prison Radio founder Noelle Hanrahan.
The “Revictimization Relief Act” authorizes the censoring of public addresses of prisoners or former offenders if judges agree that allowing them to speak would cause “mental anguish” to the victim. Critics are calling the law unconstitutional. (via democracynow)